• We were recently named the exclusive worldwide licensing agent for all Wham-O legacy brands, including Frisbee, Hula Hoop, Slip 'n Slide, Hacky Sack, Super Ball, Boogie Board, Trac-Ball and Wham-O, across all categories. Almost immediately after becoming Wham-O’s exclusive agent, we began building a global licensing program for Wham-O, signing several major deals in categories ranging from retro toys to pet toys to apparel.
• In one major deal, we licensed Wham-O Pet Toys to Jazwares, who established an entirely new Pet Division around these iconic brands, creating over 50 original products that will launch at the end of 2022.
• In another deal, we licensed ‘Retro’ versions of Classic Wham-O products, including Frisbee, Hacky Sack, SuperBall, and Slip 'n Slide, to Winning Moves. Slip 'n Slide will be available at retail in 2023.
• We also licensed Wham-O Apparel to American Eagle Outfitters for t-shirts and Wham-O promotional products.
• Bentex, a leading licensed apparel company, will market Wham-O kids t-shirts, kids playwear, and adult t-shirts.
• Dan Dee and Animal Adventure, one of the world's largest plush companies, is marketing a beautiful and extensive line of 15 Sophie la girafe brand plush products available in fall 2022. The line features super soft everyday infant plush in three sizes, anti-bacterial plush, light-up feature plush, activity mats, stroller toys, rocking horses, soft chairs, mobiles, storage cubes, baby wedges, and seasonal products.
• Rock 'n Roller Piano launched by Fat Brain Toys in 2021 in the US and Canada, and it's one of Fat Brain's top sellers. Fat Brain Toys was purchased by Tomy in 2022, and we immediately negotiated a deal for Rock 'n Roller Piano to be sold globally through Tomy in the rest of the world.
• Anjar is well-known for marketing many games which have sold more than a million pieces. 2021 brought an entirely new and updated version of Go for Broke to the market in eight countries in Europe: Identity (Benelux), Hutter (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), John Adams (UK), Lansay (France). Initial orders sold out. AS Company has licensed Go for Broke for Greece, Romania and Cyprus for 2022! For 2023, For 2023, Go for Broke will be in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, and the Nordics.
• Our award-winning dexterity game Tumball, continues to expand distribution into new countries 2021, including the U.K. through John Adams, and Kawada in Japan. Tumball has been sold in dozens of countries through our licensee MegaBleu.
• A new mass market version of the classic game Fireball Island: Race to Adventure was launched by Goliath in 2021. Created as brand extensions to Fireball Island, originally licensed by Anjar in 1986, it appeals to the cult-like following of other Fireball Island games, such as: The Curse of Vul-Kar and Wreck of the Crimson Cutlass. Fireball Island was the third highest grossing Kickstarter game campaign of all time, raising $2.8 million.
• In 2021, we licensed Big Fat Yarn to Jazwares, who will launched it at Target, Walmart and Amazon in Summer of 2022. These activity craft kits are targeted to young children. The super soft fabric creates pillows, purses and scarves in minutes and doesn't require knitting needles or any other tools. Multiple YouTube videos went viral! There were over 7.7 million views on social media in the first six weeks of launch and there are currently over 12.5 million views (as of November 1, 2022).
• Several years ago, we brokered a deal for award-winning Timber Tots, sold by Fat Brain Toys in the U.S. We added several new distributors in European countries, including the Czech Republic, QElements in Poland, and Bebeluc in Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria for 2021. Timber Tots Treehouse, distributed by Fat Brain Toys was a 2020 Finalist for a TOTY Award in the Playset Category and the Winner of the ASTRA Best Toy Award. The Timber Tots Schoolhouse was introduced during the pandemic in 2021, so a slightly older child could 'play school' even if they didn't have in-person classes. The brand continues to expand each year, see www.FatBrainToys.com for exciting new winter-themed Timber Tots introductions in 2022.
• According to NPD in 2021, U.S. sales of Outdoor and Sports Toys rose to $5.9 billion in retail sales. Games and Puzzles were the second fastest growth category since 2019, with a 23% increase. We're active in both categories.
• We added a new licensee, MJM Australia for Steve Kaufman Puzzles in 2021 and MJM Australia is further extending the Steve Kaufman Puzzle line in 2022 after their big success during Covid. Steve Kaufman was a protégé and apprentice of Andy Warhol, and his Pop Art is in high demand, including new NFTs and two pictures hanging at the NY Stock Exchange.
• TCG Toys added new selections for their 2021 and 2022 Steve Kaufman Puzzle line, because they sold so well during the pandemic.
• MJM Australia also renewed their license for the beautiful Anne Geddes Plush line in 2021. The pink Baby Fairy, Baby Bee, Baby Tiger, purple Baby Bunny, and the Baby Bear sold extraordinarily well in Toys R Us and Aldi.
• Funskool helped fuel our continued expansion into India in 2021, launching Jigstars, an exciting party game in a new category called puzzle-games, and Backlash, a simple checkers-like game. As a manufacturer and exporter, these games are now available globally for distribution to all other countries.
• We’ve previously licensed other games and exciting crafts, such as Tapeigami Kits to Funskool in India, and have Indian sourcing and pricing available for your products, regardless of where your warehouse is. Tapeigami is essentially Origami using tape. We've created a line of proprietary tape, and proprietary processes, that include animals, vehicles and other themes. Customers can create an entire collection of products as small as a penny or life-size, using four simple techniques. Instruction videos and no-reading required booklets are included.
• Schedule a Zoom meeting if you’d like to see new products.
Becker Associates LLC & Anjar Co. LLC are an award-winning, full service, global licensor and IP brand management agency. We’ve licensed over 1,000 products and brands, and our licensees have sold more than $2.5 billion worth of our toys, crafts, kits, games, and dolls. We're the proud recipient of the prestigious Outstanding Licensing Agent Award and have been called, ‘The Best Run Licensing Agency in the Country.’ We were humbled and honored to be named as the Mojo 100 Most Influential People in the Toy Industry in 2021 and 2022. We've also received the Play Connects Philanthropy Award in partnership with the Toy Industry Foundation. As Past-President of Women in Toys, Licensing and Entertainment, Patti helped initiate the impactful relationship with Walmart, when she envisioned the WIT Walmart Empowerment Day 10 years ago. The Walmart program helped WIT catalyze retail partnerships in a new way and became a pilot program for Walmart's $20 billion initiative to diversify their supplier base. Patti also initiated and oversaw the global expansion of WIT. Patti is currently advocating for mental health and wellness to have parity with physical health for children and young adults transitioning from college into careers. Our founder, my ‘Dad' James R. Becker, is in the Toy Industry Hall of Fame and received a Lifetime Achievement Award at ChiTAG as a Pioneer in the Licensing Industry. He was also honored with the prestigious International Designer and Inventor of Toys Award (also known as the I.D.I.O.T. Award). The Award is given to luminaries who have made outstanding contributions to the toy industry.
Schedule a Zoom meeting and we'll personally demonstrate exciting proprietary products, proven best-sellers, and well-known brands. Every appointment is customized to fit your needs. In March 2022, we began to attend in-person industry trade shows again, including: Toy Fair West, The Global Pet Show in Florida, DisToy in the UK, Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, SuperZoo in Las Vegas, 2022 Holiday & 2023 Preview Show in Dallas, Mojo Pitch, Licensing Summit in NYC, and ChiTAG in Chicago. In 2023, our plans include: Spielwarenmesse in Nuremberg, Germany, NY Now Play USA in NYC, ToyFest in Las Vegas, Global Pet Expo in Orlando, FL, Spring PlayDate, Various Wham-O Anniversary Celebrations, ABC Kids Expo in Las Vegas, Atlanta Gift Show, ASTRA Marketplace in Columbus, Ohio, DisTOY in London, Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, Tokyo Toy Show, Super Zoo in Las Vegas, Brand Licensing Show in UK, Toy Fair in NYC, and ChiTAG in Chicago.
Every day we make sustainable choices that we believe will have a long-term positive impact on the health of our planet and well-being of our society. At Becker Associates, our licensed products are increasingly made from non-toxic, ethically sourced ingredients by major manufacturers around the world who are prioritizing sustainability. We do our best to encourage our licensees to make and package our toys and games in eco-friendly packaging that can be recycled or repurposed.On a trip to Alaska, we were made visibly aware of global warming, which continues to dramatically affect our planet. We were exposed to glaciers that were identified annually as they receded, with a simple sign stating the year, placed next to the outermost edge of the glacier. That visual was stunning. As advocates for children and the importance of play, we’re acutely aware of the role we have in protecting the environment for future generations.
We're always looking for new products! If you're an inventor and have a new concept in any category, please submit it to us for review on the Inventors page of this website.
• Schedule a Zoom meeting if you’d like to discuss your new products.